hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tianying Chang <tych...@gmail.com>
Subject Tall good with Scans, Wide good with Gets???
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:09:49 GMT
Hi,

I watched this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HLoH_PgrLk by
Lars George. It is really good one!

I just have one thing still cannot understand. It said Tall is good for
Scan, Wide is good for Get. My understanding is that Scan and Get is using
the same code underlying. It first seek to the specific kv, check data,
after done, then do next() . Considering the underlying storage is same for
wide or tall, and the code to do scan/get is the same. why Tall is good for
Scan, and wide is good for Get?

Does anyone know why? This really puzzles me.

Thanks a lot!
Tian-Ying