hbase-user mailing list archives

From takeshi <takeshi.m...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set HBase ACL for groups ?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 03:59:04 GMT
Hi All,

I read following section talking about ACL for group in HBase book
> 3. HBase managed "roles" as collections of permissions: We will not model
"roles" internally in HBase to begin with. We instead allow group names to
be granted permissions, which allows external modeling of roles via group
membership. Groups are created and manipulated externally to HBase, via the
Hadoop group mapping service.

So I'd like to try on the *group names to be granted permissions*, how do I
do for the settings ?

HBase version: 0.99.0
reference: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d2907e5580

Best regards