hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to shrink HBase region size?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:10:27 GMT
Your subject seems to be different from your actual question. If you want
to reduce the number of regions, you can increase the
hbase.hregion.max.filesize and do region merge (offline merge suggested ,hbase
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge tbl_name region_1 region_2). You can
use compression to reduce per region size.

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>