hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Gollakota <pradeep...@gmail.com>
Subject 0.96 Replication to Elasticsearch
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:03:14 GMT
Hi All,

I have a use case where I need to replicate data from HBase into
Elasticsearch. I've found two implementations of an HBase River that
accomplishes this.

One uses timestamps to do a timerange scan of the table (since last sync)
and replicates data across. For many reasons this is not desirable.

The other hooks into the HBase replication mechanism to get update from
WALEdits. However, it was written against 0.94 and we're running 0.96. I'm
trying to update/rewrite the river, but I just don't know where to start.
Can anyone give me some guidance for writing a custom HBase replicator?

Thanks,
Pradeep

P.S: For the short term, we're probably going to start using the first even
with it's downsides, but we'll need to migrate off that quickly.