hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rural Hunter <ruralhun...@gmail.com>
Subject Long running client got NoServerForRegionException
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 02:59:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm using hbase 0.96.1 with hadoop2. I have a client running all the
time. It connects to hbase when it receives data from time to time. The
logic of this client is like this:
1. It keeps the HConnection got from
HConnectionManager.createConnection() when the client inits.
2. It calls getTable from the HConnection kept above to access hbase
tables from time to time.

There are serveral same clients running on several server. From one time
point, On only one of the server, the client started to experience the
NoServerForRegionException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find region for  after
3 tries.
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:1127)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:1047)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:1004)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:325)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:309)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getTable(HConnectionManager.java:706)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getTable(HConnectionManager.java:688)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getTable(HConnectionManager.java:678)

Note the table name and rowkey after 'Unable to find region for' is
empty. I checked the code in the client and it can never pass an empty
table name to getTable. I also checked the master and zookeeper log but
didn't find any error related to this. As far as I know, there could be
some intermittent network problem between the client and the hbase
server. What can be the cause for the error and how can I avoid/fix it?