hbase-user mailing list archives

From "LEI Xiaofeng" <le...@ihep.ac.cn>
Subject hbase read performance tuning failed
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 07:06:28 GMT
Hi,
I am running hbase-0.94.6-cdh4.5.0 and set up a cluster of 5 nodes. The random read performance
is ok, but the scan performance is poor.
I tried to increase "hbase.client.scanner.caching" to 100 to promote the scan performance
but it made  no difference. And when I tried to make smaller blocks by setting "BLOCKSIZE"
when created tables to get better random read performance it made no difference too.
So, I am wondering if anyone could give some advice to solve this problem.

Thanks