hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.94 and JDK7
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2014 02:12:12 GMT
Which version of Hadoop 2?
Hadoop 2.2.x is known not to work, due to mismatch of protobuf (Hadoop 2.2.0 upgrades to 1.5)

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: 0.94 and JDK7

I followed http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d2907e640 to compile 0.94
against hadoop-2 using jdk7

I got the following errors running test suite :

testFailingCreateTable(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteAdminRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testSplitSampler(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TestInputSampler):
Failed getting constructor

testIntervalSampler(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TestInputSampler):
Failed getting constructor

testGetScanner(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteHTableRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testSingleRowPut(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteHTableRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testMultiRowPut(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteHTableRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testCheckAndPut(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteHTableRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testCheckAndDelete(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteHTableRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testSplitInterval(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TestInputSamplerTool):
Failed getting constructor

testSplitRamdom(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TestInputSamplerTool):
Failed getting constructor

testSplitSample(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.hadoopbackport.TestInputSamplerTool):
Failed getting constructor

testSimpleException(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.TestForeignExceptionSerialization):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

testRemoteFromLocal(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.TestForeignExceptionSerialization):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

Looks like the errors were related to protobuf.

FYI