hbase-user mailing list archives

From "A.C. Cud" <ac_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Online Merge in 0.94.x?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:06:26 GMT
Thank you for your quick reply.
I created a Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10309
Really hope I was clear enough.

On Friday, January 10, 2014 2:32 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

Removing empty region is easier than merging existing region content... Can you open a JIRA
and document a bit what you are looking for regarding this empty region feature?

Like, you want to specify the region to be deleted? Or just the table name and remove all
empty regions? etc.

JM

2014/1/10 A.C. Cud <ac_cud@yahoo.com>

That would be great! :)

>Thank you very much!
>

>On Friday, January 10, 2014 4:00 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>If you only need a tool to remove empty regions, we can probably provide a tool for that
in 0.94 (providing somebody steps up and provides patch).