hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase read performance tuning failed
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:24:51 GMT
If increasing hbase.client.scanner.caching makes no difference you have another issue.
How many rows do you expect your to return?

On contemporary hardware I manage to scan a few million KeyValues (i.e. columns) per second
and per CPU core.
Note that for scan performance you want to increase the BLOCKSIZE.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: LEI Xiaofeng <leixf@ihep.ac.cn>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 11:06 PM
Subject: hbase read performance tuning failed

Hi,
I am running hbase-0.94.6-cdh4.5.0 and set up a cluster of 5 nodes. The random read performance
is ok, but the scan performance is poor.
I tried to increase "hbase.client.scanner.caching" to 100 to promote the scan performance
but it madeĀ  no difference. And when I tried to make smaller blocks by setting "BLOCKSIZE"
when created tables to get better random read performance it made no difference too.
So, I am wondering if anyone could give some advice to solve this problem.

Thanks