hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramon Wang <ra...@appannie.com>
Subject Thrift Error in HBase
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:15:04 GMT
Hi Folks

We upgraded our cluster to CDH4.5.0 recently, HBase version is
0.94.6-cdh4.5.0 now. Our client program(written in Python) cannot save data
by using Thrift, there are errors happen when we are trying to save data
with many columns(more than 7 or 8), and here is the error log:

2013-12-17 08:54:39,582 ERROR org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction: Internal
> error processing mutateRows
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.getBytes(Bytes.java:781)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServerRunner$HBaseHandler.mutateRowsTs(ThriftServerRunner.java:1037)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServerRunner$HBaseHandler.mutateRows(ThriftServerRunner.java:1018)

I checked the HBase source code, but cannot understand what happens there,
why there can be a NullPointerException, if i save data directly by using
Java client without Thrift, everything works. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.