hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gerald Klein ...@zognet.com>
Subject Re: hbase config problem
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:42:07 GMT
Thanks for the help, I unset all vars and made sure that the JAVA_HOME was
set in .bashrc, Same errors but now JAVA_HOME not set as below:

Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseConfTool
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKServerTool
starting master, logging to
/root/Software/hbase-gz/hbase-0.96.0/bin/../logs/hbase-root-master-zenlinux.out
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
Password:
localhost:
+======================================================================+
localhost: |      Error: JAVA_HOME is not set and Java could not be found

localhost:
localhost: | Please download the latest Sun JDK from the Sun Java web site

localhost: |       > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ <

localhost: |

localhost: | HBase requires Java 1.6 or later.

localhost: | NOTE: This script will find Sun Java whether you install using
the   |
localhost: |       binary or the RPM based installer.

localhost:
+======================================================================+

So I set JAVA_HOME in hbase-env.sh, but I still get the following

Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseConfTool
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKServerTool
starting master, logging to
/root/Software/hbase-gz/hbase-0.95.2/bin/../logs/hbase-root-master-zenlinux.out
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
Password:
localhost: starting regionserver, logging to
/root/Software/hbase-gz/hbase-0.95.2/bin/../logs/hbase-root-regionserver-zenlinux.out
localhost: Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer

then I forced a domain name via hostname and still got the following

Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseConfTool
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKServerTool
starting master, logging to
/root/Software/hbase-gz/hbase-0.96.0/bin/../logs/hbase-root-master-zenlinux.localdomain.com.out
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
Password:
localhost: starting regionserver, logging to
/root/Software/hbase-gz/hbase-0.96.0/bin/../logs/hbase-root-regionserver-zenlinux.localdomain.com.out
localhost: Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer

I appreciate any help with this, I don't usually experience a setup problem
like this.

thanks