hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Lin <kylelin2...@gmail.com>
Subject Pig cannot load data using hbasestorage
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:56:38 GMT
Hey there

    First, my Environment: Hortonworks HDP2(HBase 0.95.2.2.0.5.0-64, Pig
0.11.1).

    I use pig to load data from hbase, then got Exception Message of
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.WritableByteArrayComparable.

    My script is like below:
samples = LOAD 'hbase://test' using
  org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('cf:name cf:phone
cf:city cf:address')
  as (name, phone, city, address);
dump samples;

    After googling, people said you need to set PIG_CLASSPATH first. So I
try to add the target jar in PIG_CLASSPATH, but cannot
find org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.WritableByteArrayComparable in any
hbase jars.

Kyle