hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: MultiMaster HBase: --backup really needed ?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:37:30 GMT
I've run HBase from version 0.90.2 to our current 0.94.6 (CDH 4.3) and have
never specified a --backup option on any of my commands with regard to the
master.  You're correct that they race to be active, and failover is
completely automatic in the case of one master going down.

TBH I've never even heard of a --backup argument, so I'm wondering if it is
something extremely old or extremely new :)