hbase-user mailing list archives

From Federico Gaule <fga...@despegar.com>
Subject Re: RPC - Queue Time when handlers are all waiting
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:07:53 GMT
Here is a thread saying what i think it should be (
http://grokbase.com/t/hbase/user/13bmndq53k/average-rpc-queue-time)

"The RpcQueueTime metrics are a measurement of how long individual calls
stay in this queued state. If your handlers were never 100% occupied, this
value would be 0. An average of 3 hours is concerning, it basically means
that when a call comes into the RegionServer it takes on average 3 hours to
start processing, because handlers are all occupied for that amount of
time."

Is that correct?

2013/12/9 Federico Gaule <fgaule@despegar.com>

> Correct me if i'm wrong, but, Queues should be used only when handlers are
> all busy, shouldn't it?.
> If that's true, i don't get why there is activity related to queues.
>
> Maybe i'm missing some piece of knowledge about when hbase is using queues
> :)
>
> Thanks
>

> 2013/12/9 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org>
>
>> There might be something I'm missing ;)
>>
>> On cluster B, as you said, never more than 50% of your handlers are used.
>> Your Ganglia metrics are showing that there is activities (num ops is
>> increasing), which is correct.
>>
>> Can you please confirm what you think is wrong from your charts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JM
>>

>> 2013/12/9 Federico Gaule <fgaule@despegar.com>
>>
>> > Hi JM,
>> > Cluster B is only receiving replication data (writes), but handlers are
>> > waiting most of the time (never 50% of them are used). As i have read,
>> RPC
>> > queue is only used when handlers are all waiting, does it count for
>> > replication as well?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

>> > you
>> from