hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schless <patrick.schl...@gmail.com>
Subject 3-Hour Periodic Network/CPU/Disk/Latency Spikes
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:07:12 GMT
CDH4.1.2
HBase 0.92.1
HDFS 2.0.0

Every 3 hours, our production HBase cluster does something that causes all
the data nodes to have a sustained spike in CPU/network/disk. The spike
lasts about 30 mins, and during this time the cluster has greatly increased
latencies for our typical application usage.

I can't find anything in our application that would have such a periodic
and significant behavior. Is there anything that HBase/HDFS might be doing
on it's own that would cause this? We're on the default schedule for major
compactions, but I thought that was daily.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Patrick