hbase-user mailing list archives

From oc tsdb <oc.t...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase ExportSnapshot
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:19:34 GMT
Hi,

We have cluster with 4 data nodes and HBase version is 0.94.10.

We have created snapshot for all hbase tables and trying to export snapshot
in two ways.

option 1.Export snapshot into same cluster hdfs

 hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot -snapshot
 hbase_tbl_snapshot_name -copy-to   *hdfs:/hbase_backup *-mappers 16;

Here we are getting full data ( .archive + .hbase-snapshot) exported to
hdfs:/hbase_backup

option 2.Export snapshot to local filesystem
command :
hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot -snapshot
 hbase_tbl_snapshot_name -copy-to   *file:///tmp/hbase_backup* -mappers 16;

But with option 2 we only getting .hbase-snapshot exported to local dir
(/tmp/hbase_backup) but .archive files are not exported.It is expected
behavior or something wrong in option 2.

Thanks
OC