hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>
Subject Bulk load moving HFiles to the wrong region
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:09:04 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using Hadoop 1.0.4 and HBase 0.94.12.
When trying to bulk load using the Java API I sometimes get the HFiles
moved to the wrong directory.
I'm pre-splitting regions and the new regions are always the last
(lexicographically), so when this happens all files move to the last region
pre-split. But the split does work. I see the new regions in the webapp
before bulk load executes. Once a table has this problem (not all the time)
it keeps on until I restart HBase.

Anyone seen something similar ?

Thanks,
Amit.