hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject secondary index feature
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:11:24 GMT
Lately we have added a secondary index feature to a persistence tier
over HBASE. Essentially we implemented what is described as "Dual-Write
Secondary Index" in http://hbase.apache.org/book/secondary.indexes.html.
I.e. while updating an entity, actually before writing the actual
update, indexes are updated. Lookup via the index ignores stale entries.
A recurring rebuild and clean out of stale entries takes care the
indexes are trimmed and accurate.

None of this was terribly complex to implement. In fact, it seemed like
something you could do generically, maybe not on the HBASE level itself,
but as a toolbox / utility style library.

Is anybody on the list aware of anything useful already existing in that
space?

Thanks,
Henning Blohm

*ZFabrik Software KG*