hbase-user mailing list archives

From "S. Zhou" <myx...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to delete multiple columns in the same row?
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:30:27 GMT
Thanks Ted & Lars. For the clarification of Java doc for "Delete",  I would say: adding
some statement like "call this method once for each column to be deleted"

On Monday, December 30, 2013 5:39 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

You should call deleteColumns on the same Delete object multiple times.
If you like, could you suggest how we can improve the Javadoc to make it more clear?

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: S. Zhou <myxjtu@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 5:18 PM
Subject: How to delete multiple columns in the same row?

I try to delete multiple columns for the same row in HBase. I checked the API for the "Delete"
class, method "deleteColumns", and have some confusion. Basically, I am not sure: if I should
call "deleteColumns" on the same "Delete" object multiple times (to delete multiple columns),
or create multiple "Delete" objects and each such object is for one column deletion.

Thanks
Senqiang