hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mrudula Madiraju <mrudulamadir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Consequent deletes more than ~256 rows not working
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 07:28:45 GMT
I have a simple hbase table of approx. 1000 rows.
If I invoke the htable.delete() on this table in a while loop - it doesn't throw any error
or exception.
But at the end of operation - I see that it has actually deleted only about 256 rows.
Repeating the operation deletes another 256 or so. And finally after 3 or 4 runs , all rows
finally get deleted.
This is true of htable.batch API or even htable.delete API.
Have tried changing ulimit/nproc settings, invoking flush, setting autocommit, invoking major
Also waited out - That is to see if after 5 minutes of first run delete will complete in
background. Nothing works.

Searched the mailing list and see that there are threads on delete followed by put not working
But this is a different case.

Anyone who knows what's happening? Looking forward to any pointers!