hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Bulk load moving HFiles to the wrong region
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:42:29 GMT
Hi Amit:
Can you provide the split-keys of the new regions and your row-key design?

Thank you.
Jieshan.
-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Sela [mailto:amits@infolinks.com]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 7:09 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Bulk load moving HFiles to the wrong region

Hi all,
I'm using Hadoop 1.0.4 and HBase 0.94.12.
When trying to bulk load using the Java API I sometimes get the HFiles moved to the wrong
directory.
I'm pre-splitting regions and the new regions are always the last (lexicographically), so
when this happens all files move to the last region pre-split. But the split does work. I
see the new regions in the webapp before bulk load executes. Once a table has this problem
(not all the time) it keeps on until I restart HBase.

Anyone seen something similar ?

Thanks,
Amit.