hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrea <andrea.gandini...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase - number of regionserver used
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:17:31 GMT
Hi, I have HBase above Hadoop with one master node, one zookeeper node and
four regionservers. When I turn up everything, on two nodes (or sometime the
same node) are created the tables .META. and -ROOT- and then I create a table
called 'usertable' which goes to another random node.

Now, when i test the system (with YCSB tool), i notice that only the
regionserver which contain the table 'usertable' works and split the region.
So it means that only one node works? There's no way to split the load work
on the other nodes?

And further more, when i try to load a lot of rows, it crashes and I am not
able to restore my table, and I have to rebuilt the entire system from zero.

Thank you in advance for your time!