hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jia Wang <ra...@appannie.com>
Subject How to verify your COMPRESSION policy takes work?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:57:18 GMT
Hi Folks

I added COMPRESSION value after creating a table, so here is the table

{NAME => 'SPLIT_TEST_BIG', SPLIT_POLICY =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy',
MAX_FILESIZE => '107374182400', FAMILIES => [{NAME => 'f1', COMPRESSION =>
'SNAPPY'}]}

My question is how do i know the SNAPPY works?

BTW, i can insert data into that table after enabling the COMPRESSION
policy, is this the answer to this question?

Thanks
Ramon