hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bharat Shetty <bharat.she...@gmail.com>
Subject Compile error when running map-reduce program for HBase Export
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 03:58:48 GMT

I'm trying to export data from HBase table into HDFS using map-reduce in
the Text format. Note that I have already tried the export tool that comes
with HBase, which dumps data into the HDFS as bytes in a sequence file.
However, my use-case requires Text data to be dumped into the HDFS.

I'm running into compile time errors when I run my Java program.

bsb@naples:~javac -classpath $HBASE_CLASSPATH HBaseCsvExporter.java

HBaseCsvExporter.java:80: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable Text
location: class HBaseCsvExporter
TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob(tableName, s, Exporter.class, Text,
Text, job);
HBaseCsvExporter.java:80: cannot find symbol

The error indicates that my Java program cannot find location of the "Text"
class. I tried including many jars that came in lib/ folder of the
HBase-0.96. Which jar I may be missing in the HBASE_CLASSPATH ? Note, that
I'm using HBase-0.96 with Hadoop-2.1.0-beta.

If someone could throw more light on how to solve this, it would help

Bharat Shetty Barkur