hbase-user mailing list archives

From oc tsdb <oc.t...@gmail.com>
Subject snapshotexport to outside of cluster
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:02:42 GMT

can someone please let us know if we can export snapshots data directly to
outside of cluster without copying to local.

Please refer us if there are any blog with example.

Below command is copying data to local file system under /tmp.
hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot -snapshot mytable
-copy-to file:///tmp/hbase_backup -mappers 16

Without copying to local system, we want to export snapshot(eg scp) data to
a server which is not part of any cluster but its reachable from cluster.