hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nasron Cheong <nasron.che...@kontagent.com>
Subject Column qualifiers with hierarchy and filters
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 01:19:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to determine the best way to serialize a sequence of
integers/strings that represent a hierarchy for a column qualifier, which
would be compatible with the ColumnPrefixFilters, and BinaryComparators.

However, due to the lexicographical sorting, it's awkward to serialize the
sequence of values needed to get it to work.

What are the typical solutions to this? Do people just zero pad integers to
make sure they sort correctly? Or do I have to implement my own
QualifierFilter - which seems expensive since I'd be deserializing every
byte array just to compare.

Thanks

- Nasron