hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gandini <andrea.gandini...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase configuration zookeeper
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:10:02 GMT
Good Morning,

I'm a student in Computer Science and i'm trying Hbase with Hadoop. I'm
having some troubles with the configuration of zookeeper: I have a master
node in wich runs zookeeper, 2 regionserver and 2 nodes in wich runs only
zookeeper (zk1, zk2). I set zookeeper only modifying, in master, zk1 and
zk2, the zoo.cfg setting the Java_Home. Finally, I add the property
zookeeper.quorum with the 3 ip of master, zk1 and zk2. When i start hbase,
it seems the 2 regionserver connect to one zookeeper server at random, and
the master says there are troubles with zookeeper.znode.parent.

I'd like to understand how to set the quorum, the zookeeper server, because
i don't find any useful reference for add zookeeper server dedicated and
how to set the hbase-site.xml site.

Hoping to have been clear, thank you in advance for your time,

Andrea Gandini