hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>
Subject HBase Phoenix questions
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:23:49 GMT
Hi all,
I've read a lot of good things about Phoenix here and I have a few
questions that maybe some of you, who already use Phoenix, can help me with:

How does Phoenix handle pre-existing data (before it was deployed) ?

Does the deployment require HBase restart or just RegionServers restart ?

How does Phoenix handle values that are data blobs - say my value is not an
Integer but a Writable with two members like impressions (Integer) and
revenue (Float) ? Is it possible to add a sort of an adapter to Phoenix for
such use cases ?