hbase-user mailing list archives

From WangRamon <ramon_w...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to change split policy of a specific existing table(not global)?‏
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 14:04:40 GMT
Hi JM
Thanks for your help, yes, as you said the syntax is totally correct as it can be executed
in HBase Shell without any errors.
By checking the source code of class HRegion which initialise the region policy from HTableDescriptor,
not sure if that SPLIT_POLICY value can be dynamically changed after a table(and its first
child region) is created?

> 1) If you look in the Web UI, do you see you new attribute set for this
> table?
I don't know there is a specific UI which i can view the new attributes except the master-status
UI, if that's the UI you are talking about, i can only see the MAX_FILESIZE property is set
correctly:{NAME => 'SPLIT_TEST_BIG', MAX_FILESIZE => '107374182400', FAMILIES =>
[{NAME => 'f1'}]}
> 2) How have you verified that it doesn't work? What do you have on the logs?
I use YCSB to insert data into that table, and i did saw there are some new regions created
after i running the test for a while. And here is the LOG i get from one of the region severs:
2013-11-05 08:34:46,571 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy:
ShouldSplit because f1 size=414926238, sizeToCheck=134217728, regionsWithCommonTable=1
Any idea?
ThanksRamon