hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Job Thomas" <j...@suntecgroup.com>
Subject RE: HFile block size
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 04:36:42 GMT

Hi Jean ,

 Thanks You for the support.

we can create table like this , create 'xyz', {NAME => 'cf',  BLOCKSIZE => '8192'} inorder
 to set the block size.

But I am using phoenix to create and query the table. I want to globaly declare this property
to let all table crated  should take this property.

My priamry aim is to decrease the random read latency by reducing block size.

how can I make that?

Best Regards,
Job M Thomas

________________________________

From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-marc@spaggiari.org]
Sent: Tue 11/26/2013 9:28 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: HFile block size

From the code and the JIRAs:

hbase.hregion.max.filesize is used to configure the size of a region (which
can contain more than one HFile)

hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize come from HBase 8949 (While
writing hfiles from HFileOutputFormat forcing blocksize from table
schema(HColumnDescriptor).
 Even if we configure hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize during
bulkload/import it
will be overridden with actual block size from table schema. )

hfile.min.blocksize.size is the old
hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize (See HBase-3864)