hbase-user mailing list archives

From jingych <jing...@neusoft.com>
Subject Re: Re: How to improve the write performance?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:59:26 GMT
Thanks for reply!

I'm running with single thread.

Actually I want to know: How really fast that HBase write can be with each thread?

And how to optimize it?

Config BLOCKSIZE/WriteBuffer ...?

I'm a newbie.
Thanks for help!

jingych

From: Asaf Mesika
Date: 2013-11-26 19:20
To: user@hbase.apache.org; jingych
Subject: Re: How to improve the write performance?
How many client threads?

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013, jingych wrote:

Hi, All!

Recently, I just test the Client write performance with HBase Java API.

I think the performance X-factor is :

1) client buffer size;
2) server memstore size;

But when i did the test, I have the result is :

1) As the client buffer size increase with 2M, 4M, 8M, 16M, 32M, and the write speed is 320.4
331.4 336.4 343.2 371.7
(kb/s), it's 14columns into 1 column family.

2) As the server memstore size increased, the write speed is the same almost.

This confuse me!

I want to know:
1) What is the key factor influence with the client write performance?
2) How to improve the write performance?

Thanks!

Best wishes!

jingych
2013-11-26