hbase-user mailing list archives

From jingych <jing...@neusoft.com>
Subject How to improve the write performance?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:53:55 GMT
Hi, All!

Recently, I just test the Client write performance with HBase Java API.

I think the performance X-factor is :

1) client buffer size;
2) server memstore size;

But when i did the test, I have the result is :

1) As the client buffer size increase with 2M, 4M, 8M, 16M, 32M, and the write speed is 320.4
331.4 336.4 343.2 371.7
(kb/s), it's 14columns into 1 column family.

2) As the server memstore size increased, the write speed is the same almost.

This confuse me!

I want to know:
1) What is the key factor influence with the client write performance?
2) How to improve the write performance?

Thanks!

Best wishes!

jingych
2013-11-26