hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arvid Warnecke <ar...@nostalgix.org>
Subject Re: Combining filters in the HBase shell
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:22:33 GMT
Hello Jean-Marc,

thank you for the ideas. I already tried that.

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 06:55:16AM -0500, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> Based on the shell help:
>   hbase> scan 't1', {FILTER => "(PrefixFilter ('row2') AND (QualifierFilter
> (>=, 'binary:xyz'))) AND (TimestampsFilter ( 123, 456))"}
>
> Can you try without the ".new" when using multiple filters?

I then get another error:
ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Incorrect filter string SingleColumnValueFilter(Bytes.toBytes('raw')

I then tried to get rid of the Bytes.toBytes but that did not seem to
help either.

> Other option, can you try to define you filters first and then reference
> them on your scan?

I tried that, too. But I wasn't able to make the FilterList work in the
shell. I found examples which seem to work in Java, but in JRuby I can't
make them work. :(

Cheers,
Arvid

--
ThreePiO was right: Let the Wookiee win.