hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase: Paralel Query
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:46:52 GMT
Hi Job,

first off some questions :)
How many regions are you accessing?
What type of query is this (get or scan)?
How many handlers have you configured?
What does you hardware look like (how many cores, etc)?
Is the data all in the blockcache?
If not, what does the disk IO look like?
Are the client in multiple threads in the process or multiple processes?

Sorry for all the questions, but we need a bit more data.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Job Thomas <jobt@suntecgroup.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:26 AM
Subject: HBase: Paralel Query

Hi All,

How can we configure Hbase  inorder to perform multythreading/parallel query faster .

These are some bits from my analysis:

Each Thread contain 10 query ( Random)

Tread        H2(Msec)  Phoenix(Msec)
  1            34             215
  2            63             222
  4            120           324
  6            200          340
  8           250           460
  10         350          560
  12          410         592

I have to find some points in the graph ploted with these values where lines are intercepting
.
So I need hbase to perform well with multythreaded condition .

Best Regards,
Job M Thomas