hbase-user mailing list archives

From dinil&hbasedb <emaildi...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr unable to import data from Hbase
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:12:41 GMT
Hi,
  I am facing a kind of incompatibility issue between Hbase Client(from
Solr) and Hbase server. While importing data from Hbase using
DataImportHandler, client fails and errors out with "Unable to find region
for xxx,,99999999999999 after 10 tries".
The region servers are live and accessible among the machines.
The Debug message also notes
"client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: locateRegionInMeta
parentTable=.META., metaLocation=null, attempt=0 of 10 failed".

My doubt is that it fails because it is looking for .META. while with the
server (version 0.96.0-hadoop2) the parent table is no longer with that name
and is 'hbase:meta".
Although am using the latest client jar at solr->
hbase-client-0.96.0-hadoop2.jar, the client still seems to look for .META.

Am not sure whether the name of the parent table is the cause for the error.

Please suggest me things that i could try to fix solr import from Hbase.

Thanks.