hbase-user mailing list archives

From JC <jcash...@marketo.com>
Subject HBase as a transformation engine
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:10:22 GMT
We are looking to use hbase as a transformation engine. In other words, take
data already loaded into hbase, run some large calculation/aggregation on
that data and then load it back into a rdbms for our BI analytic tools to
use. I was curious about what the communities experience is on this and if
there are some best practices. Some thoughts we are kicking around is using
Mapreduce 2 and Yarn and writing files to HDFS to be loaded into the rdbms.
Not sure what all the pieces are needed for the complete application though.

Thanks in advance for your help,
JC