hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: filtering rows for column values not null
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:07:53 GMT
If 'firstName' is NULL - it is missing completely from a row. Add explicitly this column to
Scan you create:

scan.addColumn(YOUR_CF, 'firstName'.getBytes());

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: Ted [r6squeegee@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:54 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: filtering rows for column values not null

Hi I have a relatively simple situation,

As an example I have a table of Users, with first and last name.

I set a scan a FilterList and I add a SingleColumnValueFilter, with
column qualifier=firstName, CompareOp.EQUAL, and value="bob".

The problem is, I'm getting "bob" as well as anyone with out a firstName.

I tried adding NOT_EQUALS null and NOT_EQUALS (new byte[0]) and neither helped.

Does anyone know of how to filter on a column value not null?
--
Ted.