hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: 'hbase.client.scanner.caching' default value for HBase 0.90.6?
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 02:37:29 GMT
HBase bible (book) have answers on *almost* all questions (1GB default heap is too low for
many applications - that is why you see OOME).
HBase book:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

+1 on version upgrade.

Is there any particular reason for so old version of HBase? The current is 0.94.12.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: A Laxmi [a.lakshmi458@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:01 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: 'hbase.client.scanner.caching' default value for HBase 0.90.6?

Thanks Jean! But the problem is I am using a crawler "Apache Nutch" that
supports a HBase version 0.90.6 so I have no option than to restrict to
0.90.6 version. :(

I am also getting an out of memory error: heap space while using HBase. I
am using default 1GB heap setting in hbase-en.sh. I have 6GB RAM. Please
advise.

 I have set  -

*hbase.client.scanner.caching* to 1. *
hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period *to* 120000
hbase.regionserver.handler.count* to 10. *
hbase.rpc.timeout *to 900000
*hbase.regionserver.lease.period* to 900000
*hbase.client.write.buffer* to 2097152

Please advise what can be done to avoid out of memory error: heap space.