hbase-user mailing list archives

From Graeme Wallace <graeme.wall...@farecompare.com>
Subject HTableUtil and equivalent
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 00:10:18 GMT
Hi,

I've got a scenario whereby i'm pulling a stream of messages off a Kafka
topic, reformatting them and then i want to write them into HBase.

I've seen various suggestions on how to improve performance - but wondered
if there was a way whereby I could do something equivalent to HTableUtil
but without having to maintain my own lists of Puts.

Is the underlying output buffer (assuming autoFlush=false) associated with
an HTable instance or do all HTable instances share the same output buffer
? ie if it was one per HTable i could make sure that only keys in the same
region get written through that HTable.

--
Graeme Wallace
CTO