hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spatial data posting in HBase
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 18:35:27 GMT
The point is that there are options (multiple different hammers) if
HBase support for geospatial is not there or doesn't meet OP's needs.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Michael Segel
<msegel_hadoop@hotmail.com> wrote:
> And Solr has what to do with storing data in HBase?
>
> I guess its true… if all you have is a hammer…
>
> The point I was raising was that geohash isn't the most efficient way to go when you
look at the problem at a global level…