hbase-user mailing list archives

From John <johnnyenglish...@gmail.com>
Subject Add Columnsize Filter for Scan Operation
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:52:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm write currently a HBase Java programm which iterates over every row in
a table. I have to modiy some rows if the column size (the amount of
columns in this row) is bigger than 25000.

Here is my sourcode: http://pastebin.com/njqG6ry6

Is there any way to add a Filter to the scan Operation and load only rows
where the size is bigger than 25k?

Currently I check the size at the client, but therefore I have to load
every row to the client site. It would be better if the wrong rows already
filtered at the "server" site.

thanks

John