hbase-user mailing list archives

From hdev ml <hde...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase backup, recovery, replication et al
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:52:49 GMT
Hello all,

We are looking at a solution for HBase backup, recovery and replication for
DR

We did take a look at the HBase replication, but we are not sure whether it
is being used at large.

Our data size in HBase is around 4TB.

We were thinking of DB approach of Exporting Full Dump weekly and then
doing incremental exports on regular intervals, say around 2-3 times a day.
But soon realized that the data transfer of 4 TB to our DR site, with our
current bandwidth, will take around 100+ hours.

Are there better solutions out there? What do large installations do?

Any documentation?

Please let me know

Thanks
Harshad