hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbase 95 on Hadoop 2. No master znode created in zookeeper
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:09:10 GMT
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Tianying Chang <tichang@ebaysf.com> wrote:

> Not really. Because we are deploying hadoop2+hbase95 in our production
> cluster. Need to confirm 95 is working fine.
Every announcement related to the 0.95.x series came with this disclaimer:

"Be aware that development series releases are barely-tested product and
with no guarantees.  We make no promises that the next release in this
series will be compatible with this one nor even that you will be able to
preserve data across the update (This is at an extreme, and highly unlikely,
but could be the case).  No work has been done to make it so you can migrate
from 0.94.x HBase.  Development series releases are not for production"

For example, see http://search-hadoop.com/m/m2xzau6JWS1 or see the section
in the reference guide on odd-numbered development releases: on

Did you miss the above messaging?  How can we help get you on to a 0.96.0RC
at least?