hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject Block cache hit ratio question
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:20:19 GMT
Hi all,

Our HBase is slowing down because of lots of disk reads. We are trying to
analyze it. We have lots of real time random reads. And We found that HBase
is constantly reading from disk instead of from memory.

Looks like block cache hit ratio is a good place to start.

Is there any way we can get block cache hit ratio by table or by region? I
could only find it per region server in region server UI. I couldn't find
it in API either.

Feel free to suggest any other metrics we should be looking at too.

Thanks,
Vaibhav
GumGum