hbase-user mailing list archives

From Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase wont responding when one region server goes down
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:48:52 GMT
If your query (scan) needs a region on the failed region server, the client
will fail and silently retry about 10 times. The sleep time increase as
each retry fails and can reach 10min. On the server side, the master takes
3min to realize the RS failed thus issue a region move, which might take a
few minutes, which together explain the 10min query failure period