hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: coprocessor status query
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:06:24 GMT
Gary,

"The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the regionserver,...."

That was kinda my point.

You can't remove the class from the RS until you do a rolling restart.

And to your point... yeah I can see issues in trying to debug failures when you have failures
that are data dependent.

On Oct 21, 2013, at 9:06 PM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can't remove a coprocessor.
>>
>> Well, you can, but that would require a rolling restart.
>>
>> It still exists and is still loaded.
>>

> Assuming we are talking about RegionObserver coprocessors here, when a
> coprocessor throws an exception (other than IOException), it is either:
>
> a) removed from the list of active RegionObservers being invoked on the
> region's operations
> b) or if "hbase.coprocessor.abortonerror" is "true", the regionserver aborts
>
> The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the regionserver, but
> that instance will no longer be invoked in any pre/post hooks for
> operations on that region.
>
> Back to the original question, the coprocessor is only removed from the
> list of active coprocessors for the region(s) where it has thrown an
> exception.  It will still be active on any regions where it has not thrown
> an exception.

purely accidental.
Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel