hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <msegel_had...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Coprocessor Increments
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:09:59 GMT
Right….

Ok,  that explains some of the issues.

From a design perspective… it would make sense if the RO updated the same row,  or a row
in a separate table. But not a different row in the same table.

Outside of the additional RPC overhead, has anyone had a problem updating a row in a different
table? If I understand correctly, there wouldn't be a chance of any 'deadlocks', just a bit
of latency or the potential for an RPC error if you have a flakey network / nodes…

On Oct 11, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Vladimir Rodionov <vrodionov@carrieriq.com> wrote:

>>> With respect to the OP's design… does the deadlock occur because he's trying
to update a column in a different row within the same table?

> Because he is trying to update *row* in a different Region (and potentially in different
RS).