hbase-user mailing list archives

From John Weatherford <john.weatherf...@telescope.tv>
Subject Re: Coprocessor Increments
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 01:06:51 GMT
OP Here :)

Our current design involves a Region Observer on a table that does
increments on a second table. We took the approach that Michael said
and inside the RO, we got a new connection and everything. We believe
this is causing deadlocks for us. Our next attempt is going to be
writing to another row in the same table where we will store the
increments. If this doesn't work, we are going to simply pull the
increments out of the RO and do them in the application or in Flume.

@Tom Brown
   I would be very interested to hear more about your solution of
aggregating the increments in another system that is then responsible
for updating in Hbase.

  -jW

On Fri 11 Oct 2013 10:26:58 AM PDT, Vladimir Rodionov wrote:
>>> With respect to the OP's design… does the deadlock occur because he's trying
to update a column in a different row within the same table?

> Because he is trying to update *row* in a different Region (and potentially in different
RS).