hbase-user mailing list archives

From John Weatherford <john.weatherf...@telescope.tv>
Subject Re: Coprocessor Increments
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 03:26:08 GMT
First, Thank you everyone for the quick response.

   The custom split policy could be an interesting solution. Regarding
the other option you sent, if I pull the end row key, I could construct
an end key, but if I suffix the row key with the end key of the region,
would that actually solve my problem? In the contrived case, wouldn't
the suffixed key now be "California-total-California-12346"  and the
other region's counter would be "California-total-California-95424" and
both of these keys would actually end up on the second region since the
sorting of the keys would impose that "California-t*" comes after

Part of the question is that I don't understand if calling
incrementColumnValue() on the region will always execute on the region
called, regardles of rowkey. If so, what happens when those regions are

Thanks again for the help!

On Wed 09 Oct 2013 07:43:34 PM PDT, Ted Yu wrote:
> bq. 'California-total' row in each region
> Of course such row key needs to be suffixed with either start or end key of
> the corresponding region.
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>> John:
>> Looks like you need a 'California-total' row in each region.
>> Custom Split Policy can help you achieve that, see in:
>> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d0e6541
>> Cheers
>>> Region 1.
>>> Nope, Your "California-total" will migrate to Region 2 after region split
>>> is complete.
>>> Vladimir Rodionov
>>> Principal Platform Engineer
>>> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
>>> e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com
>>> Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message,
>>> including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be
>>> read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If
>>> the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or
>>> designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use,
>>> disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form,
>>> is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
>>> immediately notify the sender and/or Notifications@carrieriq.com and
>>> delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.

View raw message