hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh <rajeshni...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase.zookeeper.quorum minimum nodes ?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 07:11:05 GMT
I have query on hbase.zookeeper.quorum.

I have 2 nodes in hadoop cluster and installed hbase on it.

Following is configuration:
    >>file: hbase-site.xml<<

Currently I am getting error as below:

        INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
server localhost/ Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
(unknown error)
        2013-10-23 17:35:50,493 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and
attempting reconnect

Error mentioned in hbase-hadoop-zookeeper-hadoop-master.log file is

2013-10-23 17:47:06,801 ERROR
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig: Invalid configuration,
only one server specified (ignoring)

After looking at below link

How many ZooKeepers should I run?

You can run a ZooKeeper ensemble that comprises 1 node only but in
production it is recommended that you run a ZooKeeper ensemble of 3, 5 or 7
Is that I need to have minimum 3 machine in cluster to run hbase with
Zookeepers ?